Wednesday, April 20, 2011

20 Easter Egg Treats Sans the Sugar Rush

The last couple of months I've been thinking about Easter coming up and the imminent surge of candy that it typically brings, i.e. egg hunts and baskets!

While I love to watch my little girl find those colorful little eggs and open up her basket, it would be so nice if we could avoid all the junk! Don't get me wrong, I love candy and so do my kids. But it's just not good for them, especially in such large amounts!

All I could come up with on my own to put in Easter eggs was miniature raisin boxes. Exciting, I know.

So naturally, I googled for ideas.

I found some really great ones that I'd love to use! If you're like me and want some candy alternatives without having to forgo the fun, try filling your eggs with these instead:

1. Coins
2. Marbles
3. Stickers
4. Dice
5. Top
6. Hairclips
7. Beads
8. Squeeze ball
9. Seashells
10. Polished rocks
11. Lip gloss
12. Whistle
13. Nail polish
14. Jewelry
15. Temporary tattoos
16. Small plush animals
17. Playdough
18. Silly Putty
19. Mini bottle of bubbles
20. Confetti

* Obviously some of these could be choking hazards so be careful with little ones and choose only things that won't end up in their throat!

Have fun! 





Credit: http://specialchildren.about.com/od/holidays/qt/easteregg.htm
Photo: http://www.pbc.org/events/93064

No comments:

Post a Comment