Monday, April 5, 2010

Meal Plan Monday!


Don't judge-- I just couldn't resist jumping on the wagon with The Mommypotamus and The Belgexans

This is really just for my own benefit (ok ok, my husband and children's as well) to make a weekly meal plan. Not that I'll stick to it exactly, but hey it's worth a shot!

Well, here goes:

Tonight: Stuffed Burgers on thin whole wheat buns with Gorgonzola Cheese and Smoky Bacon*; Tangy Buttered Beets and Greens with Dijon*


Tuesday: Goat Cheese and Arugula Chicken Quesadillas*; Cinnamon Carrots


Wednesday: Lil Smokies in BBQ sauce; Corn on the Cob


Thursday: Rosemary Plum Chicken; Apple-Cider Glazed Turnips*


Friday: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches


Saturday: Paula Deen's Chicken Casserole (I have to tell you what's in it because it's not your everyday chicken and rice dish)... this is a thing of beauty really, snatched from the kitchen of my mother-in-law-- french style green beans, cream of celery, mayo (or in my case, miracle whip), long grain and wild rice, pimentos, water chestnuts, diced chicken, cheddar cheese.


*new recipe (www.wholefoods.com)-- wish me luck!


So what's on your dinner table this week?





1 comment:

  1. I wish i had the time you have to make a meal plan. I barely have time to make a sandwich. You are awesome mama to think healtly for your family. Super mama good! LOL

    ReplyDelete