Monday, April 12, 2010

Meal Plan Monday!

First of all, I have to say that I'm kind of so extremely glad that I started weekly menus again. It really made the past week less stressful and super delicious!

Here's a brief review of how my new recipes turned out (I took pictures but for some reason they won't upload, so forgive the lack of evidence):

The Gorgonzola and Bacon Stuffed Burgers turned out really yummy! We decided to do beet "chips" instead of the other recipe though, and except for a little overcooking (next time I'll do it at a lower heat and take them out quicker) they were pretty good! Especially dipped in poppyseed dressing. MMM!

The Goat Cheese and Arugula Quesadillas didn't turn out exactly how I hoped. Partly because I changed so much of the recipe- used spreadable instead of shredded cheese (what was I thinking? No wonder they didn't stick together well!) Partly because I used spinach tortillas that didn't cook too well at high heat. But they were OK. I might try them again in the future but follow the recipe exactly. It was really just a way to use the arugula that came in our coop produce share.

Apple Cider-Glazed Turnips- Not bad! I've read that you can mash them like potatoes so I may try that route next time.
Ok, on to this week's fare!

Tonight:
The Chicken Casserole that we didn't end up making last week; Sweet Potatoes (anybody got a good recipe? I tried making fries last time but they didn't turn out too well)

Tuesday:
Pepper Steak with Green Bell Peppers and Tomatoes on Brown Rice, Corn on the Cob (also carried over from last week's menu)

Wednesday:
My famous Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup; Cinnamon Carrots (wait, is that a THIRD thing that we didn't go through with last week? Geez!)

Thursday:
Spaghetti, Twice Baked Potatoes (can anybody say YUM!), Peas

Friday:
Chicken Parmesan on top of some kind of Pasta; Green Salad

Saturday:
Early dinner with our produce coop families, then a second dinner at Primo's with my good friend Katiebug!

Sunday:
Salmon Patties, Mac-n-cheese, Beet Greens Salad

Wait! I bought all the fixins for a new homemade pizza recipe-- Which dinner should I knock out to replace with this?

What's on your dinner table this week?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, this menu looks DELICIOUS? Can I change mine now????

    ReplyDelete