Friday, December 10, 2010
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Totally depends on the gift. If it's in a box, definitely wrapping paper. If it's weird shaped and I have a bag that fits it, bag. (I can't remember the last time I actually bought any bags, because I reuse them) I buy one or two rolls of paper each year though.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We have a tiny artificial one right now, because that's what we bought our first Christmas together when we didn't have room for a big one. Growing up my family had real ones a few times.
3. When do you put up the tree? ASAP after Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take the tree down? Newyears-ish.
5. Do you like eggnog? Idk I can't remember the last time I tried it, if ever. Will be adventurous this year if given the opportunity!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got some really great things while growing up, but the first thing that popped into my head is the Dual tape deck CD player huge stereo that I wanted really bad! I think my sister has it now, she bought it from me when I moved to Spain. Ok that's so off the subject but anyway it's still in the family! Also I remember a phase where I was obsessed with teddy bears and my mom got me a ton of teddy-bear type stuff.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Nobody really anymore. Kids are easy, Riley just tells me what he wants and we get it (I know, not fun at all!), and adults in the family do a chinese exchange so that takes the pressure off!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Julia!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but we do have a couple figurines that have Mary Joseph and Jesus.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail! I know email is so much cheaper but who doesn't like to have a bunch of Christmas cards to deck their halls with every year?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm, I must've blocked it out of my memory.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf and It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! Of course that goes for any time of year.
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Clear. At least that's what we have this time.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby It's Cold Outside (ok I know that's not really about Christmas but still) and O Come All Ye Faithful.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I've only traveled away one Christmas and that was when we went skiing at Red River, NM. So I guess I prefer staying at home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph!
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Star, at least this year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning!
22. Favorite children's Christmas song? I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Everyone wishing "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". Hello... everybody knows the 25th is called CHRISTMAS. Also right up there is making Santa more important than Jesus, and everybody obsessing over gifts. Don't get me wrong, I love to buy gifts, but when it gets to the point of stress, the point has been totally missed.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? We don't have a theme, we just have different ones that we've collected or been given over the years.
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Turkey! I can enjoy a little ham though.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Boots, skinny jeans to go with said boots, some socks I saw at Kohl's that were thermal on the outside and super soft on the inside, real peace in the family, a day at the spa, a trip to Ireland/Italy/Caribbean, a sewing machine, and a Big Berkey Water Filter System. Is that too much to ask? ;)
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I never really remember believing in Santa. My parents did a really good job of telling us the truth, while we did know who Santa Claus WAS.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot chocolate and apple cider!
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? I usually decorate with the traditional colors, but I love the winter blues.
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Nope.
32. What is your favorite holiday treat? Hmmm I like them all but I always go overboard on my mother-in-law's White Trash. Yum!
33. How does Santa get into your house? Riley and I both own keys to our house. He goes in the front door and I go in through the garage.
34. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? I like gifts, but gift cards are fun too!
35. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? Oh I don't know, Frosty?
OK, now its your turn!