Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 21, Standard Process Cleanse





YES!!!

We did it. We really completed 3 long weeks of grueling really healthy eating. I feel so accomplished! And there's no way I could've done it without my wonderful husband, Riley. Especially because, well, it was his idea.

It would've been so easy to throw in the towel the past couple of days, but that would be like quitting a marathon at the 24th mile just because you already ran "enough". Absolutely not! We had to cross that finish line.

I would have to say I felt my best at the end of the first week, and then the second week I started getting bored with the same old things, and then the third week we started eating out (as rule-abiding as we could be, however) so that really showed me what a big difference "that kind of food" does to my digestive system. So while I've been sooo ready to eat all my old foods again, I think learning how different foods make me feel (something I didn't notice before, because my body was so full of so many toxins it couldn't trigger a signal to my brain) will motivate me to eat in more often, as often as possible actually. Which means I need to kick my meal-planning butt in gear! I really want to get super-organized with our food budget and shopping trips and weekly menus. Like, spreadsheets and all. Because I'm finding it really hard to stay within our budget. But, I'm convinced that with a little lot of work, it can be done. It has to.

There are so many new recipes I've come across the past 3 weeks that I tucked away in my mind for after the cleanse, so I'm sure I'll be making a bunch of yummy goodness real soon!

Alright now, who's motivated to do the cleanse now that you've seen how easy good for you it can be???

Oh, I almost forgot, I'll do one last post tomorrow with links to our favorite recipes during the cleanse, and perhaps a mini-interview with Riley. So stay tuned! =)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Joanna! You and your hubby should be so proud of finishing well! Will you consider posting some of your fav recipes on here? I'm always looking for new ones. Congrats again!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete